28 June: Master class: the impact of social media upon political campaigns and political processes
Social media is a phenomenon that is becoming increasingly important in our society and in politics. This master class seeks to provide a rounded overview of the influence of social media on political processes.
Our guest speakers will present the impact of social media from the perspective of politicians, but also from that of interest groups. This master class will examine Europe and the Netherlands, starting with early developments in the United States. Emphasis will be placed on discussing the opportunities and pitfalls of social media.
We would like to invite you to this interactive master class. To ensure discussion we only have room for 25 participants. Register now to make sure you´re one of them!
MR ANDY KLOM (Head of the European Commission representation to The Netherlands)
The impact of the internet upon politicians and their campaigns.
MR RAJASH RAWAL (The Hague University)
Lobbying tools and social media. Do interest groups use social media with the EU?
DR PAUL SHOTTON (The Hague University) and DR ADAM CHALMERS (Leiden University)
Establishing a dialogue on European cooperation in the Netherlands:
MR HANNE BIKKER (Ministry for Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands)
• Friday 28th of June, 14:00 h - 16:00 h
• Europe House, Korte Vijverberg 5/6, Den Haag
• Please register by mail to email@example.com.
Background information about the speakers:
• Andy Klom is the Head of the Representation of the European Commission in the Netherlands.
• Rajash Rawal is the Head of Department, Academy of European Studies & Communication Management at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
• Paul Shotton is Senior Lecturer European Studies & Politics, Academy of European Studies & Communication Management at The Hague University of Applied Sciences.
• Adam Chalmers is Assistant Professor in the Institute of Political Science at Leiden University.
• Hanne Bikker is Communication Strategist European Affairs at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the Netherlands